Sunday 21 March 2010

Moorfoots at Chapelgill Hill Race

There were other races on this weekend too....the Chapelgill Hill Race near Broughton kicking off the SHR championships.

Russell reports:

Hope all the deer stalkers had a good run.Eddie and I ran the Chapelgill Race this afternoon. No other Moorfoots as far as I know, but Ian and Ann Nimmo were marshalling (wise move - the only Moorfoots to win beer). The sun shone despite the forecast earlier in the week for heavy rain. I really like this race - open field parking, start, finish, no facilities, 2 quid entry, enter on day, prize giving 20 min. after the last finish. And that's the inflated version put on for the SHR championship. Simple - that's the key.
I did my usual - reasonable ascent but overtaken by loads of folk on the way down.
I think Eddie [Balfour] had a good run (certainly did it in a good time) but you'd have to ask him.

Results not out yet.
Check on here: http://www.shr.uk.com/Home.aspx

Cheers. Russell

No comments: