Wednesday 26 May 2010

Moorfoots at the White Peak Marathon

Our latest Moorfoot Marathon man....well done Alan, and run on possibly the hottest day of year !

On Saturday 22/05/10 I ran the White Peak Marathon. The race is along the disused railway lines of the Tissington Trail and the High Peak Trail in the Peak District. The weather was incredibly hot, the course was steadily uphill for almost 22 miles and finished off along a canal towpath at Matlock Rugby Club. The organisation was superb by Matlock AC and the marshalls and support were outstanding. As far as the race went, 189 runners completed the race, the winner in 3hr 10min. I managed to hobble to the end in 94th place on 4hr 29min. I can only describe the event, my first marathon, as a baptism of fire. There was blood, blisters, cramp and a calf strain to contend with, but I survived!


Regards

Alan MacDonald

No comments: