Tuesday 16 October 2012

New Moorfoot at the Liverpool Marathon

Liverpool Marathon 2012


As a new member of Moorfoots I ran the Liverpool marathon on Sunday 14th October. I had run my first marathon just 6 weeks before (the Moray Marathon) and had enjoyed it so much I thought I would try a big city event! Liverpool is my home city and so a visit to my parents combined with a race seemed like to good a chance to miss.

The weather was glorious and the setting superb – 12 miles on the Wirral side of the Mersey, much of it running along the coast looking across to the skyline of Liverpool, then a run through the Mersey tunnel (a strange experience!) and another 12 miles or so in Liverpool. The crowds were fantastic and their support was especially needed as we climbed for a mile up Upper Parliament Hill on mile 18 towards Toxteth and Sefton Park.

I came home in 3:39:04 – exactly 5 minutes slower than my debut run 6 weeks previously, but more than happy with 2 sub 3:40 runs in my first 2 marathons. Gave the brand new Moorfoots vest its first outing (see photo) and had several shouts of ‘Go Moorfoots!’ on the way round!

Look forward to joining in some Moorfoots events in 2013.

Barry Hughes...

1 comment:

Webmaster said...

Well done Barry ! Welcome to the Moorfoots....