Wednesday 6 March 2013

Moorfoot at Meadows Marathon 2013

Race report from member Barry Hughes - an excellent 3:31 marathon time...

On Sunday I ran the second Meadows Marathon – an unusual but very well organised event around the Meadows in Edinburgh. The half marathon consists of 7 laps of the Meadows, and the full marathon (which I ran) 14 laps. It may seem a bit repetitive but the support was great and the runners well hydrated on the way round – the only dodgy bit being the cobbled section through George Square.



The event is organised by the Edinburgh University Students’ Association and attracted far more half marathon runners than full marathon entrants – I managed to finish 13th, which sounds great until you realise there were only about 40 runners in the full event! Still I beat my previous PB and came in at 3:31:14 so am not complaining at all!

Regards...

Barry (Hughes)

No comments: