Sunday 13 October 2013

Aviemore Half, Manor Hill Race and Loch Ness Marathon

Fi ran in the increasingly popular Aviemore Half Marathon today and had a cracking race and finished within two mins of her (pre-kids) PB in 1hr37.57 and was 12th Senior Woman and 142nd out of 840 finishers overall. Results here:
http://www.aviemorehalfmarathon.org/Pages/Results.html

I've done a couple of races recently taking Lawrence's entry for Loch Ness Marathon which was a fortnight ago. I've got another excuse (I picked up an ankle injury after Haddington Half Marathon and couldn't train properly for about 3 and a half weeks until about 3 weeks to go) and the big sub 3 eluded me again, coming home in 3h02.16. I know have a collection of times - 3hrs0, 3.02, 3.03, 3.05, 3.07 so maybe it's time to move on?!

I also did Manor Hill Race yesterday, the only other Moorfoot taking part was Lucas Cheskin who quickly disappeared out of my view as soon as the hill started to kick in. Lucas finished in 8th place in 1.17.50 but chatting after he said he struggled in the long relentless downhill, dropping a position on the way down.
Lucas in full flow

Mine was a different story and felt a bit heavy legged on the climb getting passed throughout, however once we turned I got into a strong rhythm on the decent was able to pass 6 people on the descent and finished in 12th place in 1.19.59 which was over 5 mins quicker than last year.
http://carnethy.com/ri_results/manor/manor_2013.htm
Colin

No comments: