Sunday 22 March 2015

Chapelgill Race report

This is how hill races should be. A small field of less than 50 runners, £2 entry fee and registration from the back of a car in a field surrounded by the wonderful Borders hills. Blue skies and warm spring sunshine added to the general high spirits of all the competitors.
Chapelgill is an extreme example of the short sharp hill race, climbing 410m in 1.3km, turn at the cairn and plummet downwards.
Winner Andrew Gilmore, Carnethy in 21:01, closely followed by Al Anthony, Ochils in 21:21.
Special mention for one runner (Brian Marshall) who completed the race barefoot!!
I managed 14th in 28:11.
(This will be one of my last races as a V40 , with the big50 looming in a few weeks   - so I am paying a lot of  attention to my position in the various Vet categories - rather alarmingly I was 3rd V40  - and would have been 8th V50 !!!).   full results


No comments: