Thursday 11 August 2016

2 mile Race in Dartmouth, Canada by Colin


The week after the Nova Scotia Marathon I learnt that there were annual road races held on Natal Day, an annual holiday in the Province. The race was 110th Edition of the Dartmouth Natal Day Road Races, one of the oldest road races in North America and there was the choice of a 2 mile or 6 mile race. Having completed a marathon only a week before I felt entirely justified doing the 2 mile version, and although it was very popular with 660 taking part it is fair to say that all the quality runners did the longer version. As I lined up I found myself surrounded by young teenagers and juniors! Anyway I completed the 2 miles in 11mins 9secs, 3rd overall and 1st V40 and awarded with a trophy that will be engraved for next year, which I had to give straight back!
 

No comments: