Sunday 18 December 2016

Start the New Year on a high. Windlestraw Law run - highest point in the Moorfoots. Innerleithen, Tues 3rd Jan

I (Colin) am organising a Moorfoot club  run up Windlestraw Law, which at 659m is the highest point in the Moorfoot Hill so seems a fitting run for the new year. If you would like to come please meet at 9.30am in Innerleithen at the Cuddy Bridge next to my house at Burnside, 52 Leithen Road EH44 6HY here. We can have hot drinks and snacks at my house after the run.

The route will more or less take the route as shown here:
Distance 18.75km / 11.75 miles. Ascent 794m (Profile)
Run time c. 2hrs + http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/borders/windlestraw-law.shtml 
Please note that this is a challenging mountain run and especially so if the weather is bad it can be extremely cold and windy on the summit plateau. It's boggy in parts too so it is a tough run. I do know the route well and have been up there in almost all conditions so don't want to put you off but I just want to let people know what is realistically in store.

Please let me know if you want to come
colin.m.williams@talk21.com

No comments: